While shopping in Florence I discovered several things about how I dress thanks to Giorgio Armani that I would not have suspected in a thousand years without visiting his shops.
In order of consequence these are:
- I can look and feel good in some designer clothes, if I choose and coordinate them carefully
- My body has some shape, and clothes shaped to my body look better than baggy clothes
- Good fabrics, careful design and attentive tailoring matter a lot more than price
- I am price indifferent if the clothing makes me look good
- If I stick closely to couple of reliable brands, someone else with more time, skill and talent will do the hard work for me.
Revelations? Perhaps not.
But these insights took me to the verge of an addiction to find out more, drove me to change the way I think about dressing, and inspired me to write this documentary of my explorations.